Full Stack Python / Django Developer (Remote)
Home based with weekly travel to Bristol
Who are we and what’s our mission?
We’re a passionate and fast-growing team who’s motivating force is to rid companies of dreaded annual appraisals and make performance and development discussions at work human and meaningful.
The world of performance management (if we must call it that) has been so bad, for so long. Annual appraisals, complex ratings scales, uncertainty, anxiety – we’re looking to put an end to all of that. Employees and managers simply need to be enabled with the right culture and the right technologies to be the best that they can be.
Our cloud based platform is the simplest performance management system on the market. It’s a tool that facilitates quality conversations and feedback rather than bureaucratic form filling exercises.
We’re excited about the mission we’re on. We’re scaling quickly with some great, well known customers, and we have funding to ramp things up even more. We’re needing new people who can get excited about this journey to come on board with new ideas, new energy, and a desire to get stuck in and make a difference!
We’re looking for a full stack developer to work in our development team on our Clear Review product, which is built in Python/Django and Angular. The role will mainly be home based but ideally you’ll be able to work in Bristol one day a week (where our Development team is based).
Roles and responsibilities
- Estimating task development using agile pointing system with other team members
- Planning tasks and scenarios before development to identify required tests with other team members
- Continuous development of new and existing features on our web application
- Attending daily stand up meetings
- Review and comment on other developers code via pull requests
Who we are looking for
- You’ll be an experienced developer who enjoys working on scalable web applications.
- Most importantly, you’ll have a good aptitude for learning new technology as our technology stack is evolving over time.
- Used to working in an Agile development team in a Kanban style.
- Motivated to work on your own remotely.
- Strong Python/Django skills and an understanding of frontend frameworks preferably Angular.
- Able to communicate ideas in a clear way.
- Have a Test Driven Development approach to producing good quality code.
- Be able to review other developers code and give clear comments.
- We are a strong values based company and anyone who joins our family-like team, really needs to engage in our values which are:
- Driven to be better | Get shit done | Honest feedback | Keep asking why | Above and beyond
- Agile development
- Good communication
- Strong Python Django (Minimum 3 years)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Strong use of version control (Gitlab)
- Test driven development
- Django Rest Framework
- Protractor testing framework
- Remote working
If you are looking for an exciting role with a fun and passionate team, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and why you think you’d suit this role.
No agencies please 🙂